Tuesday, January 27, 2015

midprocess critique + draft

Concept: Longing for fantasy, adventure

what to my objects represent?
my objects represent certain elements within my project; some have symbolic value while others are quite literally what they depict. Hair is hair, while patterns are fields and crochet is rythmic repetition and used to create bricks.

reasoning behind composition

I wanted a fairytale-esque image that is both interesting to look at, has illustrative value, while still maintaining a sense of longing for adventure.

discuss color use, focal points, visual elements, formal structure, etc

I want the focal point of the image to be "Rapunzel" in the tower. The space of the sky and the arrangement of the images lead up to the focal point, ie, the top of the tower.

feedback

I rethought the use of crochet for the fields at my group's urging, and swapped that out for the pattern swatches on my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment