Sunday, March 22, 2015

VG- Homework week 11

HW: Do Ch. 8 (Don't be Afraid of the Pen Tool) and Ch. 9 (Using Type in Illustrator) exercises on lynda.com (post any images created)
 


Read Ch. 4 Illusion of Space, Illusion of Motion and answer the following questions :
Which is more appropriate for your idea: a flat design or a spatial design?

I personally think a flat design will work better for my idea to be less visually busy and more straightforward. I would like my design to get a point across and for this reason I believe a flat design would be easier on the eyes.What happens when static (unmoving) and dynamic (moving) shapes are used together in a design?
Objects can seem to be moving or create a space that embodies movement. For example in Ann Strassmans Humphrey I, the dog comes charging out of the picture plane due to the background being static and creating contrast with the vigorous brushstrokes of the dog.Choose one artist in the reading who you feel was most successful in their use of motion and space and write 
you comments on him/her.

The artist I felt was most successful in their use of motion and space was Henry Moore. I really enjoyed his piece because I feel it is the most interesting and unique way to express the passage of time. Since I have been exploring motion in my photography I think thats why it has appealed to me the most. I really enjoy how it is broken apart and although you can tell its the same one person and in the same one location, there are multiples of hands that visually expresses movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment